[plug] MSN usage monitoring

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:35:56 WST 2006

On 1/5/06, Randal Adamson <ranz at devdata.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> HNY/Seasons Greetings etc etc abnorsium ... ;)
>
> ok, aside from all the "ethical" issues (I'm just not interested in hearing
> a debate).
>
> I would like to "monitor" the usage of MSN on our corporate network.
>
> Has anyone here setup such a thing on their Router/Gateway/Network?
>
> I've come across a few Linux packages that will "do" what we want - just
> wondering what is the best/most efficient/effective.
>
> Other comments (except for ethical rants) please ;)

I personally don't see any ethical problems here, legal maybe but not
ethical ;-)

I know MS let you run you're own internal MSN server and that will do
some exceptional logging..
It's not a linux solution and it's not anywhere near free either.. but
sounds like what you're after.

--
www.modmeup.net
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10