[plug] AS/400 and Linux

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Sun Jan 8 20:33:50 WST 2006

Hi ya Senectus

Senectus . wrote:
> On 1/8/06, Kev <kdownes at tpg.com.au> wrote:
>
>>My 1st question is, "Why would you?"  AS/400s are essentially
>>purpose-built datatbase servers, and OS/400 has the best industrial
>>strength DB built right there into it.  And even better, it's not M$.
>

> I've worked with OS/390 and though a pretty rock solid OS it's
> functionality is limited.

But OS/400 is not OS/390.  They're entirely separate/different animals.
  The more recent incarnations of OS/400 are quite slick, even with a
Warp4 look-alike front end I believe.

Btw, I'm back from hols and I owe you $50.00.  Where and when would be
convenient for you?  Contact me off-list.

Cheers
Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!