[plug] AS/400 and Linux

Peter Tran intra at sonnet-tech.com.au
Mon Jan 9 10:55:05 WST 2006

Bernd Felsche wrote:

"Why would they ship only half a database on 0.25% of an operating
system? :-)"

I just had a crazy idea, if we could find some space for one of the AS/400's
(with one disc pack). I would be interested in having a group learning
project revolving around learning OS/400 and installing Linux (be redhat,
debian or SUSE) on the minibar fridge. Obviously would like to find
somewhere with aircon and with some access to the outside world.

How many users would like to play and hopefully learn about the AS/400 Linux
arena?

It would surely help me on my journey as much as everyone else who is
interested or thinking about moving to Linux on an AS/400 platform.

Pete.