[plug] AS/400 and Linux

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 9 09:28:21 WST 2006

Kev <kdownes at tpg.com.au> writes:
>Craig Ringer wrote:

>> It ranks well, and will in various areas both exceed and fall behind
>> RDBMSs like DB2, Oracle, and MS-SQL depending on your needs and what you
>> do. I can't speak for the AS/400 DB, unless it's DB2, in which case it
>> certainly is pretty solid.

>Yes, DB/2 is an integral part of OS/400

Why would they ship only half a database on 0.25% of an operating
system? :-)

Has somebody mentioned
	http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/linux/options.html
?
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | Cynicism \Cyn"i*cism\
 X   against HTML mail     | A visual defect caused by the
/ \  and postings          | intrusion of reality