[plug] Suggestions for scanner/printer

Steve Baker steve at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 9 23:13:38 WST 2006

Ashley Jennings wrote:

>I have an Epson Stylus C65 which installed easily with the C64 CUPS
>and GimpPrint driver on Debian Stable.

Actually I want to buy a multi-function thingo too, I will attach it to
my linux server.

Can anyone answer these questions:

- Can you 'print-to-fax' with any of these multi-function devices?
- Can I easily access the scanner and/or fax from a Windows client on
the network?

I checked linuxprinting.org, it seems the HP and Epson range have the
best support, but neither seems to have much support for the fax part of
the multi functions.  Is that still the case?

Regards,
Steve