[plug] Suggestions for scanner/printer

Ashley Jennings fooscope at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:41:15 WST 2006

Hi Alex,

I have an Epson Stylus C65 which installed easily with the C64 CUPS
and GimpPrint driver on Debian Stable.

Print quality and colours are decent for documents and pictures.

Below is ink levels for what may be termed as "very light usage"( ~50
pages) for the last 3-4 months on the original colour and black
cartridges.

Printer was about $100 new with a bit of markdown, not sure on cartridge prices.

seeyou

Ashley

acj at yggdrasil:~$ bin/epson_ink
Escputil version 4.2.7, Copyright (C) 2000-2001 Robert Krawitz
Escputil comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type 'escputil -l'
under certain conditions; type 'escputil -l' for details.

          Ink colour    Percent remaining
               Black     65
                Cyan     89
             Magenta     88