[plug] AS/400 and Linux

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Tue Jan 10 11:28:10 WST 2006

Peter,

> we were about to create a secondary partition however we
> could not find any spare resources to allocate to the secondary
> partition for some strange reason.
>
> Idea's anyone?

When you were adjusting the resources, there would have been min, max
and current values for each resource. If you adjusted the current value
with the [min,max] range, then you only need to vary on & off the
appropriate partition for the change to take effect.

However, it sounds like you may have adjusted the current value outside
the minimum or maximum. In this case (maybe not for CPU resources
though, I'm not sure) you'll probably need to IPL the entire machine
for the resource(s) to be reallocated.

It's been a while since I've dealt with this on an iSeries though!

Hope this helps.

Jeremy