[plug] Tutorials CD

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 11:45:47 WST 2006

> P.S. P
> lease do not quote my email address (as above) as I do not want my
> address to be available to harvesters/scanners of the archives.

This should not be a problem since some changes last year. The
archives (official ones, no idea about any ones personal ones) mung
the address automatically, even in the body content. It used to have
the raw emails downloadable in mbox and some other format, and that
was how spam harvesters got the address. We have since put a human
verification system on to prevent google and bots from access those
raw emails.

Hope that puts your nerves at ease.

Tim
p.s. For example, while I keep my gmail address fairly secure, by
using a domain I have, unfortunately, the phpwestoz list archives
(http://lists.linux.org.au/archives/phpwestoz/) don't mung the
address....
--
Linux Counter user #273956