[plug] OpenOffice Impress help required

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sat Jan 14 01:13:11 WST 2006

G'day all,

I have just knocked my first major presentation in OOo up rather than use PowerPoint.

I have a presentation to give in ... oh about.. 14 hours and I find that OOo does not use
PgUp/PgDown to run back and forth through the presentation like PPT does.

Now this normally would not be too much of an issue, except my laser pointer remote interfaces using
USB-HID and looks like a keyboard. The blank button works, but the +/- buttons go next/previous
slide rather than next/previous animation.

I can't find any way to re-map the keys in OOo and I'm starting to have minor palpitations. Google
was sorta friendly with this advice
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=29593&sid=c4c07e99e6d349b7f1db761bc7a89ceb

Except I can't find the "Control Centre" and I assume they are on about some distro specific key
macro/remapping feature.

I'm running Window Maker at the moment, but I'm just installing XFCE4 to see if I can make it bend
to my will.. Any suggestions ?

Regards,
Brad