[plug] Quick DNS Query - Slow logon

Bennett, Phillip Phillip.Bennett at bestroads.com.au
Fri Jan 20 12:54:59 WST 2006

It could be something to do with w2k3 needing to be a DNS server rather
than WINS these days.  I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure it puts its
services listings into the DNS (Usually running on the PDC) This could
be confusing the clients, as they are told to point at the linux box for
DNS.  If you set up a backup DNS server on the linux box for the Active
Directory domain it might help.

Hth,
Phil.