[plug] Firefox 1.5

Ranime ranime at westnet.com.au
Tue Jan 24 12:14:23 WST 2006

Thank you Senectus , the web page link was very informative and made
sense, a bit like plf for Mandriva, with security.

I suppose I'm a kde fan, only because that was the first I used / learnt
with linux, I did try gnome but could not get used to it.

That brings me to this open question,
Kubuntu , apart from it being kde and maybe not your preference, would
you say that it is the same stability / usability etc.. as Ubuntu ?
what is your opinion..... have you had a look at it.

& what would you say are the benefits of Ubuntu as a distribution ?
Mandrake 8 only because I had so much trouble back then tring to get an
external dialup connection happening.

Now I have three computers running Mandriva 10.1 - 10.2 and 2006.
I'm very happy with Mandriva and for various configuration reasons have
left each computer running 3 different versions of Mandriva.

I don't want any flame wars here , I think peoples opinions are
important, It would be good to hear / read why people use the
distribution that they have chosen.

This may also help others to get more out of linux as a whole.

--

Regards.
Ranime.

Linux Counter Registered User #302050