[plug] Firefox 1.5

Ranime ranime at westnet.com.au
Tue Jan 24 12:24:11 WST 2006

Sorry , it seems that I lost a line of that email in the middle.
I'll try again... **** below.

 Thank you Senectus , the web page link was very informative and made
 sense, a bit like plf for Mandriva, with security.

 I suppose I'm a kde fan, only because that was the first I used /
 learnt with linux, I did try gnome but could not get used to it.

 That brings me to this open question,
 Kubuntu , apart from it being kde and maybe not your preference,
 would you say that it is the same stability / usability etc.. as
 Ubuntu ? what is your opinion..... have you had a look at it.
 & what would you say are the benefits of Ubuntu as a distribution ?

*****  I personally started with Redhat 7 and moved to *******
 Mandrake 8 only because I had so much trouble back then tring to get
 an external dialup connection happening.

 Now I have three computers running Mandriva 10.1 - 10.2 and 2006.
 I'm very happy with Mandriva and for various configuration reasons
 have left each computer running 3 different versions of Mandriva.

 I don't want any flame wars here , I think peoples opinions are
 important, It would be good to hear / read why people use the
 distribution that they have chosen.

 This may also help others to get more out of linux as a whole.

--

Regards.
Ranime.

Linux Counter Registered User #302050