[plug] lilo error message 0x40 and BIOS data check successful

Caleb Duggan caleb.duggan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:25:07 WST 2006

is it a gigabyte motherboard? i had heaps of problems once on an old
gigabyte board where the UDMA ports were really problematic and the
bootloader had intermittent problems because of it(and my brother had the
same board and same problems). I can't remember exactly what the errors
were though.

to fix the problem, I ended up using the drive through an usb ide
controller because the drive wasen't compatible with the non-udma channels.