[plug] Linux Distribution Chooser - My Results

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Jan 26 19:50:08 WST 2006

>>> jamesc at global.net.au 6:55:01 pm 26/01/2006 >>>
My results were:-

1. Mephis
2. Kubuntu
3. Ubuntu
4. Debian

I've been using Debian on servers for a while now, but never as a desktop. My
main desktop is running Mandr(ake)iva, but I was getting sick of their two
class system (ie lastest software only available on paid subscription) and
was planning to migrate to Ubuntu soon... Although I currently use KDE on
Mandriva, I've no problems changing to GNOME to use Ubuntu, I'm not sure I
want to use Kubuntu heard to many bad things...

Not looked at Mephis before though...

--
James Clarke

Check Out My Photo Diary:-
http://www.global.net.au/~jamesc/
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au

Mine was:

Mandriva
Linspire
Xandros
MEPIS
Kubuntu
Debian

Only looked at Xandros when it first came on the scene, wasn't too impressed, but been using SUSE and Debian mostly and like them both equally.

Jon