[plug] Linux Distribution Chooser - My Results

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Thu Jan 26 20:29:05 WST 2006

Have you looked at the openSUSE Linux 10, if so any major diffs?
I've been working with both Open Enterprise Server (may move from NetWare) , SUSE Enterprise Server 9 (MySQL, PHP, Web Development work), Novell Linux Desktop (on a MiniMe PC (works great) and then we have the Debian Server doing all the Internet Gateway, Mail and Name Servers functions. Of course still have a Windows 2000 Server and a putting in NetWare 6.5 OES as well.
Currently I'm checking the differences between the OES Linux and the OES NetWare to see which will take over as the main production server.
So many choices so little time.

>>> meyerri at westnet.com.au 7:38:37 pm 26/01/2006 >>>
1. Linspire
2. PCLinux OS
3. Fedora
4. Mandriva
5. Ubuntu
6. SUSE

Ah, well, can't expect it to be perfect - I've never felt the faintest
desire to even investigate 1 and 2. I have installed and played with the
others (actually, I lie, I've installed RH, not Fedora). I've settled on
SUSE, and am using Gentoo as well for laughs.

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au