[plug] Samba PDC

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jan 27 14:38:03 WST 2006

At 08:26 PM 26/01/2006, Chris Watt wrote:
>Hi Guys,
>
>I'm about at my wits end with trying to get Samba to run as a PDC.

Snip>

>Basically, what I want to know is if anyone can offer their time to
>help me get the Samba PDC to work with Windows XP Pro clients

The SaMBa documentation (http://www.samba.org) used to be quite good at
explaining the steps to get things going.   Long while since I had to do
this (and with NT4 / 2000 to boot) but iirc there was a well-defined test
procedure to confirm that clients could communicate with the host, etc, etc.

Could you let us know please:
a) what the symptoms are - error messages / no error messages, etc
b) a summary of what you have tried up to now - clients can / cannot ping
host, output of netstat on the clients, results of samba tests as per
installation doco
c) what version of samba you are using and did you install it as a package
(eg from Debian, RH) or installed from source

If you want to mail me off-list please do but I think there are sharper
brains on the list for sure, and likely with later knowledge too.

Denis