[plug] Need Windows applications in Linux?

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Fri Jan 27 00:56:06 WST 2006

Well, ask for them. Novell's doing a survey at
http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/16646.html and the more people
who file requests, the better it'll look if they go to a software house
and ask for them to release a Linux version.

In their words:

> A lot of people are converted to the idea of switching to Linux in
> their data center based on the tremendous cost savings that
> represents, but find that there are one or two key applications they
> need to use in their business that are currently not available on
> Linux. The vendors who create those products need to hear about your
> needs, but they need more than one or two requests to make it worth
> their investment.
>
> That's where we come in.
>
> If you've got any critical applications that you MUST be able to use
> on Linux, please take a minute to let us know what they are. We'll
> monitor the submissions to see what the most popular requests are, and
> do what we can to nudge the vendors in that direction. Together, your
> voices will count for more than they would separately.
>
> Note: If you have more than one product to request, you'll need to
> fill out a separate submission form for each one. We may contact you
> via email for additional information if your request is particularly
> intriguing.
>
> Thank you for helping us grow the Linux marketplace!

There are II types of people - those who can count like Romans and
those who can't.

Linux Counter user #306629