[plug] Samba PDC

simon simon at chrome64.org
Tue Jan 31 09:21:09 WST 2006

Hi Chris

Ive had a *little* experience with this stuff - I run it at home, and Ive done
a few small offices before.

Can I ask first tho, exactly what isnt working? Usually people have problems
adding machines to the domain...... is that what it is? Do you get any error
messages? Can you ping the server from a client? Do you have any other servers
on the network? If it is a problem trying to add machines to the domain, what
username are you using to try?

These things are usually really frustrating, until you find one small
configuration problem....... the good thing is that once its running its
normally extremely stable.

ttfn

Chris Watt (something.rotten at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> This is still not doing anything for me.  I can not get ANYTHING to
> work with Samba -> XP Pro.  I am begging for someones help either on
> site or over chat/etc.  I can't afford to pay because I'm doing it as
> a courtesy, but I just can not get this to work.  I have tried every
> tutorial and method I can find and it STILL baffles me.
>
> PLEASE help me before I pull all my hair out.
>
> Thanks
> ~chris
>

> On 1/27/06, Jon  Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au> wrote:
> > No sure which version you have, but get version 3.021a to start, there are some fixes
> related to XP.
> >
> > Jon
> > I have but I'm up to try them one more time
> >

> > On 1/27/06, Bruce M. Axtens <bruce_axtens at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > > So you already checked out:
> > > <http://groups.northwestern.edu/exec/htmldocs/Samba-PDC-HOWTO.html>
> > > <http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb-howto.html>
> > > and <http://daniel.fiser.cz/?go=samba>?
> > >
> > > Bruce.
> > >

> > > ---
> > > Warning:
> > > This web site contains images and information which might disturb some viewers,
> > > it may also affect the way you perceive the world around you
> > > -- http://www.answersingenesis.org.au

Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org
mob: 0409113359