[plug] Family membership

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Jan 31 11:18:07 WST 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Russell Steicke wrote:

> I thought I'd kick off the discussion that was anticipated last night,
> about family memberships for PLUG.  I'm in favour of the idea, and
> suggest that a family membership be twice the cost of a full
> (non-concession) membership.
>

> --
> Russell Steicke

I suggest that a family membership be less than twice the cost of a full
membership - maybe the sum of a full membership and a concessional
membership, so that couples can join cheaper than joining separately,
unless both members of a couple are eligible for, and join as,
concessional memberships, in which case I think that no further
concession should apply.

Thus, where one or more partners in a couple are earning an income,
the joint or family membership fee would be equal to one full adult
membership plus one concessional membership, and, where both partners in
a couple are eligible for concessional membership, then their
membership fee(s) should be equal to two separate concessional fees.

So, the fee structure would be something like:
Single - income earning - $10 (currently, I believe)
        - non-income earning (pensioners, unemployed, students, etc) - $5
          (currently, I believe)
Family - sum of Single income earning and Single non-income earning -
          $15 (from sum of above rates),
          except where both partners in a couple are eligible for Single
          non-income earning memberships, in which case the fee is twice
          the Single non-income earning memberhip fee (Total of $10,
          from above rates.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale