[plug] Which File-System

Adam Chidlow a.chidlow at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 13:00:53 WST 2006

XFS is an awesome filesystem for media. My /home partition is always a XFS
partition, and it performs the same if not better even with small files, and
_exteremely_ well with media files. It's also even faster than ReiserFS at
formatting. Iv'e installed nine different linux distributions in 3 months*
and so far the only one that hasnt supported XFS at install time is
Slackware, and even then it was quite happy to deal with it out of the box
after install. Other than that I've had absoloutely no fuss or complaints
with XFS.

*(I think i've finally settled on Arch Linux, in my opionin its a really
good mix of the simplicity and non interfering policy of slackware, the
awesome customisability of Gentoo, and a package management system on par
with debian's apt-get system for binaries, and twice as good for source :) )