[plug] Which File-System

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Jul 16 10:34:36 WST 2006

I'll add my vote for LVM - esp on a media server where space
requirements keep growing!

As for file systems, reiserfs works fine for mythtv and its large files.
Delete performance is not an issue, but stability is - as myth is
inclined to be a bit flaky at times (at least on the old, underpowered
hardware I was using)!  The AMD64 its running on now is rock solid.

Personally, I would avoid ext2/3 like the plague for serious work.  At
least I have never lost files or whole systems with reiserfs where
hardware failure wasnt a factor, whereas ...

YMMV

BillK