[plug] minicom session with mm-5500su modem for bigpond wireless

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jul 16 20:33:40 WST 2006

On 16 Jul 2006 at 19:32, David Buddrige wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The remotest hint of success that I have had in working with my new
> u-beaut maxon modem from bigpond is using minicom.  Whenever I try to
> connect using kppp I can get nowhere past a message that says "unable
> create modem lock file."

I am out my depth here, and just guessing, But -

1)
Would it make any difference if you made the user a member of the same
group as the modem or application that is generating the "unable to
create modem lock file"  error message ?

2)
Check the owner/group details and permissions of the directory where the
lock file is meant to be created.

3)
Check if a lock file already exists -
Would it make a difference if you renamed or deleted it ?

Sorry I can't help you other than making crazy suggestions.

Regards Arie