[plug] Selinux Problem ?

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jul 16 21:49:35 WST 2006

After reading the earlier posts about Selinux - I decided to check my
selinux configuration - result = confused.

If I pull down the security configuration diolog from the menu :

System --> Administration --> Security Level and Firewall

The current setting shows that Selinux is set to "Enforcing" with the
options for "Permissive " and "Disabled".

But when I go to a console and run the 'getenforce' command :

result is "Disabled".

So I run the 'setenforce 1' command :

result is "setenforce  : SELinux is disabled"

I am confused #%%#@%% ????

Can anyone enlighten me on this ??

Regards Arie