[plug] Linux Compatible Phone

Clare Johnstone claregj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 03:54:27 WST 2006

On 7/16/06, skribe <skribe at amber.com.au> wrote:
> Hey folks:
>
> In a few months time I'll be looking for a new mobile so I thought I'd start
> seeking advice now.  At this stage I'm seeking a 3G PDA-style model that is

Hi Skribe,

With that time frame maybe watch out for the later Motorola A1200 which is
running linux, but seems to be GSM rather than 3G. Any clue on that aspect
I would like to know about, as I currently run  an A925 on 3G.
A1200 released only in HongKong and Japan so far, available from there
on ebay.com.au but from there must lack Australian Tele accreditation.
(How do you tell that it is OK'd for Australian use?)
cheers,
clare