[plug] Linux Compatible Phone

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 17 11:52:50 WST 2006

beware evo and the treo, or rather from the mailing lists at the time I
was having problems, palmOS in general and syncing with linux/evo: I
suffered lots of corrupted entries, and multiple (sometimes multiple
multiple) copies of appointments and contact entries requiring manual
recovery.  Syncing via pilot-sync to evo also didnt handle multiple
contact lists properly (on a number of occasions it dumped everything in
the default list, corrupting both and making a large amount of work for
me.)  Nowadays I dont bother syncing with evo (I do use pilot-sync and
j-pilot to install things and keep backups tho) :( , but you will have
to pry the treo from my cold dead fingers (gawd its cold today!) before
I'd swap it for anything something else currently available!

Theres a new software update out for the treo's, so things might improve
(I hope) after this is done, but looks like I need a doze machine to do
it.

BillK