[plug] Forcing a kernel module to unload.

Ashley Jennings fooscope at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 18:44:37 WST 2006

Hi Bill and Peter,

You may be running different distributions to eachother.

Here is the -f flag explained in the rmmod manpage on Debian GNU/Linux (Sarge):

   -f --force
                 This  option  can  be  extremely  dangerous: it has no effect
                 unless CONFIG_MODULE_FORCE_UNLOAD was set when the kernel was
                 compiled.  With this option, you can remove modules which are
                 being used, or which are not designed to be removed, or  have
                 been marked as unsafe (see lsmod(8)).

all the best

Ashley

http://fooscope.googlepages.com