[plug] Free multiplatform IDE for OO GUI development?

Shayne O'Neill shayneo at bestflights.com.au
Tue Jul 25 08:26:47 WST 2006

Boa constructor for Python. Its got a few glitches, so I'd recomend
getting the most recent version possible, but its a Delphi-like ide (not
just a gui builder)
that generates pretty good x-platform code. I love it. The gui designer
has a few glitches that can occasionally be frusturating, but its all
wx-python, and it doesnt hide any code from you, so its always hand
fixable.

If you want to live on the bleeding edge, and don't haemorage at
object-pascal (hey, I learned on pascal, I still love it), lazarus is
pretty much a Delphi clone thats surprisingly good. Its still got some
holes, specifically the drag-n-drop database stuff is pretty immature
(read do it by hand), but it generates real fast code, is pretty damn
cross platform, and yeah, its what kylix should of been.

As for Java, I tend to run off screaming at the mention of it.