[plug] Free multiplatform IDE for OO GUI development?

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Tue Jul 25 09:38:14 WST 2006

On Monday 24 July 2006 11:00, Posix Guy wrote:
> I'm going nuts with the choices along with the available books and learning
> material about this subject.
>
> I'm trying to avoid java, because of its ram hogging and very slow ways.
> I'm looking for a free IDE that works for both linux and the other world.
> I think a GUI designer can speed up application development.  I'd rather
> write code for the individual parts and functions of the program rather
> than the effort of coding the details of how the GUI looks with all the
> buttons and events.

Have you looked at KDevelop? I don't think it *runs* on MS (there used to be a
cygwin version a couple of years ago), but according to it's 'New Project'
options, it can produce cross-compiled Win32 GUI apps. I haven't used this,
so YMMV.

http://www.kdevelop.org/

Steve

--
Steve Boak, (08) 9756 0662, P.O. Box 240, Nannup, WA 6275
Nannup Telecentre IT support, ph (08) 9756 3022