[plug] Free multiplatform IDE for OO GUI development?

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 13:37:24 WST 2006

> When I saw "smalltalk" I read HyperCard/HyperTalk, (which was it?? That
> horrible Mac development thingy), and shuddered.

HyperCard was the IDE, HyperTalk was the language, although you could
use AppleScript, or even JavaScript if you installed the right
extension(?) (IIRC)

While HyperCard itself died with Mac OS 9, it spawned quite a few
imitations, eg MetaCard and Runtime Revolution (RR bought out MetaCard
recently, however)

>That
> horrible Mac development thingy

Well, I'm not sure about that, having learnt some of how to program
with it. Several progams, even some games, were written with it.

Daniel
--
Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com