[plug] Pushy new OpenOffice

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Thu Jun 1 20:42:26 WST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 19:15 +0800, Jason Posavec wrote:
> Back when I had OpenOffice 1.something I had a routine of
> double-clicking my budget spreadsheet, then opening my internet banking
> website and logging in while OO politely opened my spreadsheet in the
> background. By the time I'd logged into my bank account, my budget had
> opened and was ready to use.
>
> Now with OO 2.0, the spreadsheet keeps opening over the top of what I'm
> doing. I normally have to minimise it 2 or even 3 times while I'm trying
> to enter my details into the website.
>
> Is there any setting in OO that tells it to open files in the background
> like the old version politely did? I've looked everywhere in the
> settings, but can't seem to find anything.
>
> Jason

Is the problem unique to OOo?  My thinking is that even if it appears to
be so, that it must be controllable by your window manager settings and
how you allocate focus to your applications.  Try changing the window
focus settings to something that doesn't allow a completed task or
opening app to steal focus.  HTH

Gavin