[plug] Pushy new OpenOffice

Jason Posavec jasonposavec at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 1 19:15:33 WST 2006

Back when I had OpenOffice 1.something I had a routine of
double-clicking my budget spreadsheet, then opening my internet banking
website and logging in while OO politely opened my spreadsheet in the
background. By the time I'd logged into my bank account, my budget had
opened and was ready to use.

Now with OO 2.0, the spreadsheet keeps opening over the top of what I'm
doing. I normally have to minimise it 2 or even 3 times while I'm trying
to enter my details into the website.

Is there any setting in OO that tells it to open files in the background
like the old version politely did? I've looked everywhere in the
settings, but can't seem to find anything.

Jason