[plug] iiNet Plans

Adrian Woodley Adrian at ScreamingRoot.org
Fri Jun 2 04:05:39 WST 2006

> I just wonder if that will flow back through the customer again?  As stated
> above, my line rental has gone up twice in the past 6 months, from $30 to
> $33.xx and not to $36.xx (I can't remember exact figures)

You wont be on a ULL though - the phone service will still be a resold
Telstra product, and as such have to pay whatever Telstra charge iiNet.
Once iiNet's MSAN project is up and working, it will start replacing
Telstra as the phone provider. This is where the #13 ULL comes in -
iiNet will purchase the ULL from Telstra. Telstra will no longer have
anything to do with the services provided on that phone line - iiNet
will provide the DSLAM and PSTN service and will charge the customer for
ULL, plus overhead. Line rental should drop considerably then.

Adrian