[plug] iiNet Plans

Craig Foster craig at fostware.net
Thu Jun 1 11:43:23 WST 2006

From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au on behalf of Alex Polglaze
Sent: Thu 1/06/2006 11:13 AM
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] iiNet Plans

> ACCC provides ULL relief for iiNet
> Phil Sweeney   |   Tuesday, 10:15 pm   |   General
> UPDATED | The ACCC has forced Telstra to charge its old ULL pricing to iiNet
> until it completes its investigation into the pricing scheme.

For those not aware iinet are in deep doodoo. Their shares have been suspended for a few
weeks and they have a "Please explain" to the Stock Market.

If Amnet buy them, bail out now. There is no such thing as support at Amnet.

Alex

Oh please..

Facts will be nice :P.

iiNet have had various issues, but *they* asked for the share suspension *while* they figured out why the accounting report figures weren't adding up - and ASIC agreed wholeheartedly.

Secondly, Amcom is pushing iiNet to use it's backhaul (fibre from the exchange to the ISP) so it's fibre install costs are reimbursed quicker. PowerTEL is asking the same thing (for all the shares added in a 15% extra share issue - pushing Amcom to only a 17% share), except PT is Eastern States whereas Amcom is WA and SA. iiNet said no, so Amcom bought 2 seats at the Directors table...

Third, AmNET (the DSL business arm of Amcom) has bought out Arachnet, which was bigger than the previous Amnet infrastructure. Before the takeover, support and internet speed issues weren't anywhere the levels of a couple of months ago.

It could quite possibly be a good thing that such large players are banding together to form a separate infrastructure from Telstra. Amcom offer ULL & backhaul, iiNet has customers, servers and bandwidth,

It is not all doom and gloom... If I wanted that, I'd hang around more on Whingepool :P

CraigF