[plug] fluxbox and dual screens

Kirk Turner gameldar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:47:15 WST 2006

> Currently, without Xinerama, you now have two heads: :0.0 and :0.1. If
> you want to keep them seperate, you can start programs on one or the
> other by setting the appropriate DISPLAY. But you can't then move
> them.
You might be able to - I was looking through my apt-cache for
something else (an equivalent to screen) and stumbled upon xmove:
 xmove lets you change which display an X Window System program renders to
 - this could be a different monitor or even a different machine.

I imagine it'd be tedious to actually use for everyday use but would
get around the rare occasions when you need to move something!

Note: I haven't tried it out so I can't confirm it working status - I
don't have two heads anymore...

Kirk