[plug] Ubuntu vs Kubuntu

Mr E_T troll at arach.net.au
Wed Jun 7 16:26:59 WST 2006

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 14:47, Tomasz Grzegurzko wrote:
> On 6/7/06, Brad Campbell <brad at wasp.net.au> wrote:
> > G'day all,
> >
> > No flamewars please..
> >
> > Brad
> > --
>
> I prefer GNOME; you obviously haven't spoken to me =) Install the
> kubuntu-desktop metapackage, try it out for yourself, decide for
> yourself...
Personally I have nothing against Gnome as a program - but I dont/wont use it
as I use a customized Linux From Scratch and find that Gnome is too much of a
pain to build.

From what I have seen though KDE and Gnome are about on par - just that they have
differing philosophies on what is simple and what isnt.

Apparently Gnome uses simplified options for its components while KDE has more
advanced options.

And KDE is easier to build while Gnome is a complicated mess.

It all depends on the individual user as too what they prefer.

--
regs MR E_T