[plug] installing linux cont.

meyerri meyerri at westnet.com.au
Mon Jun 12 15:53:21 WST 2006

---- Original Message ----
From: chris-sisman at dodo.com.au
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: RE: [plug] installing linux cont.
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:34:57 +0800

>Tried to install kbunto, seemed very fast with all the bits I need.
>Stopped halfway and blocked xp.
>New it company. in Albany adverising linux, so aranged for them to
>install linux on one drive leave xp on the other.
>Pony tail arived took 3 goes to get kubunto, trouble was on the drive
>
>that HAD xp.
>So all my stuff gone....photos correspondance the lot.

Eek, that should not have happened. The only times I've had problems
with Linux was in the "old days" hwne a friend had a controller that
remapped the drive differently. Other than that, I've never had the
problems you've had. I realise this is not much consolation for you,
but ...

>Left with me re installing xp.....had to take kububto off again to
>get xp.
>Charged $40 min fee.
>My husband went balistic, got my $40 back.with lots of verbal. I,m
>not
>even allowed to dust his pc now, good job we have one each.
>the firm is Dazzak computers,222, Chester Pass rd.albany.
>So looks like its curtains for linux and me after months of trying.
>Taken me a week to put my pc. to rights.
>Christine Albany.    chris-sisman at dodo.com.au  bet you thougt I was a
>bloke!

Insomuch as it entered my mind, yes, I did. It really wouldn't have
made much difference what gender we thought you were - we still
didn't know how to fix the problems you were getting. ;-)

Been a while since we had a woman on here posting as a woman (for all
I know 75% of the correspondents here could be girls - I've never met
most of them, but they post with boys names or neutral names) - the
last I seem to remember is Kimberley Schelt - anyone know where she
is and how she's doing?

Cheers
Richard(ette) Meyer