[plug] installing linux cont.

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jun 12 18:02:36 WST 2006

On 12 Jun 2006 at 15:34, chris sisman wrote:

> Tried to install kbunto, seemed very fast with all the bits I need.
> Stopped halfway and blocked xp.
> New it company. in Albany adverising linux, so aranged for them to
> install linux on one drive leave xp on the other.
> Pony tail arived took 3 goes to get kubunto, trouble was on the drive
that
> HAD xp. So all my stuff gone....photos correspondance the lot.

8<---------- snip ----------->8

I am sorry to hear that your attempt to install Linux ended up being such
a disaster.

I am horrified to hear that they had the audacity to charge you for
zapping your XP install and losing so much of your data.

Please do not blame Linux for what has happened.

It's a pity you live so far away from Perth, if you ever come up to Perth
let the list know and maybe somebody on this list will be able to help
you get started with Linux.

There is a list member who lives in/near Ravensthorpe - if he reads about
your situation he may be in a position to help - I hope.

Other than that, I can only say - "Hang in there and don't give up".

As for being a lady user of Linux - welcome to the list - Linux does not
discriminate against anyone and neither does PLUG.

Regards Arie