[plug] wanted: 56k modem

Kai Jones Kaij at kamsc.org.au
Wed Jun 14 10:38:45 WST 2006

Noise := electronic noise.

Any wire wound into a coil is effectively a transformer with an air core
(instead of having an iron core as you see in most transformers), the
transformers core will modify inductance/capacitance/resistance of the
loop, depending on the size of the loop and how many loops it should act
like a filter for electronic noise which is in the frequency range for
whatever size you've made your loop.

Looping around ferret bead(s) as well as using normal air core loops,
can also have a good effect on supressing electronic noise.
Make sense ?