[plug] Mobile phone scam - Beware

Jason Posavec jasonposavec at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 15 10:13:02 WST 2006

Patrick Coleman wrote:

> Otherwise I can understand perfectly why people would call back -
> often people use their mobiles for business and its generally
> considered good form to call back, because the person who called you
> might have been a potential customer :)

Surely any self-respecting professional has voicemail? If somebody calls
my mobile and can't be bothered leaving a message, I can't be bothered
doing anything either.

All of these hoaxes/scams rely on the fact that even after all these
years, people still haven't developed a healthy contempt for mobile
phones as tools and nothing else.

Jason