[plug] Mobile phone scam - Beware

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Thu Jun 15 11:30:50 WST 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:13, Jason Posavec wrote:
> Patrick Coleman wrote:
> > Otherwise I can understand perfectly why people would call back -
> > often people use their mobiles for business and its generally
> > considered good form to call back, because the person who called you
> > might have been a potential customer :)
>
> Surely any self-respecting professional has voicemail? If somebody calls
> my mobile and can't be bothered leaving a message, I can't be bothered
> doing anything either.

Yes, that's how I caught it.  No message from Sydney left at 8am (EST).  Gotta
be spam.  We got a couple 2-3 weeks ago.

Details at http://onedogsaid.blogspot.com/2006/06/mobile-phone-spam.html

The spammers have apparently threatened one of the websites that exposed them
with legal action.  Links available off our blog post if you're interested
(the wise monkey one).

On topic:  I wonder if the spammers use linux to run the wardial =).

skribe
--
I develop for Linux for a living, I used to develop for DOS.
Going from DOS to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117.
	-- Lawrence Foard, entropy at world.std.com

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/