[plug] Oxymoron: Microsoft, innovation

Kai Jones Kaij at kamsc.org.au
Thu Jun 15 11:02:38 WST 2006

We have some applications here (Ferret, Medical Director), I've googled
the hell out of that and haven't found a Linux version, nor do I know if
they'll work adequately through WINE or similar.

I don't think a 100% move to OSS here would be practical, too many
things implemented by people who know MS and nothing else, but a few
months ago I began the crusade to get everyone to switch to Firefox and
of course a lot of people are like "I want my Microsoft Explorer" and
they'll require some work but we'll see.

The main problem is because we use Exchange server, and Office 2003 Pro
Corporate there are a lot of Office <-> Exchange features which I'm not
sure are available on OSS' equivalent, but I'm happy to be corrected on
that.

Cheers
Kai