[plug] Oxymoron: Microsoft, innovation

Daniel Pearson daniel at flashware.net
Thu Jun 15 12:35:33 WST 2006

<snip>
> I don't think a 100% move to OSS here would be practical, too many
> things implemented by people who know MS and nothing else, but a few
> months ago I began the crusade to get everyone to switch to Firefox and
> of course a lot of people are like "I want my Microsoft Explorer" and
> they'll require some work but we'll see.

And this is where the problem lies also, more so in the Government
sector. A lot of company intranets are build to work on IE, and not much
else. I do have experience with companies, where we've needed to make
them compatible for IE/Safari/Firefox/etc. however they are few are far
between, and until the companies decide they want to not use IE, I fear
it is a long way away.
> The main problem is because we use Exchange server, and Office 2003 Pro
> Corporate there are a lot of Office <-> Exchange features which I'm not
> sure are available on OSS' equivalent, but I'm happy to be corrected on
> that.

<snip>