[plug] Mobile phone scam - Beware

Shannon Carver shannon.carver at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 13:44:20 WST 2006

I should re-word that.  It's not that we see eye to eye, but I think the
reason why this list is usually better than what I refer to as a public
forum (OCAU, Whirlpool, LinuxQuestions, anyone??), is that there is a level
of maturity here, where if you don't have the same opinion as someone we
don't just start up shit fights about it.

That still doesn't sound right, but there's a big difference between the
two, and I appreciate it.  I often find the conversation/support on PLUG far
better than I'd find elsewhere.

>  I'll say this,
> >linux
> >users can be an arrogant bunch, it's just a bit of a shame it had to
> >come to
> >this.
>
> Noooo never noticed that about Linux people   ;-)
>
> Personally, I wish it'd gone to the off-topic list, and the followups
> as well - I give Arie credit for trying to help, but I've seen so
> many similar notes about the next virus that's going to format your
> hard drive and install PC-DOS 3.3 if you look at a certain website
> during the full moon, that I more or less ignored it.
> >
> >P.S I realise the special Olympics comment *could* be offensive, I
> >don't
> >mean any offence by it though.
> >
> You're sure to have offended someone.  ;-)   Not me, though.

Hmmm, perhaps.  I should hope that by putting my little disclaimer at the
bottom of the message, that it can be seen my intent was not to offend
anyone.

On the other hand, if it does.. pfft.