[plug] Oxymoron: Microsoft, innovation

Kai Jones Kaij at kamsc.org.au
Thu Jun 15 14:44:14 WST 2006

I've discussed with my boss and we're not moving to Vista, we've not
long got most of the bugs and glitches between XP and
Ferret/MedicalDirector sorted out, Vista is going to cause too many
headaches and the other Aboriginal Medical Services in the Kimberley run
software which is managed by us, so they're staying with what they've
got.

Unless MS improve their attitude towards anyone who's not in bed with
them, I'll never embrace their software, sure, I'll understand how to
use it, doesn't mean I'll like it.

So far I've managed to get a Linux proxy installed so that's a foot in
the door, not sure what I can suggest to implement next to show the boss
what open source can do, and do it better than closed source, and on
older hardware, but hey I'm sure something will come up....