[plug] Printer-Scanner-Copier

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Thu Jun 15 19:59:36 WST 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, quoth Milan Pospisil:

>               I am looking for a three in one printer, scanner, copier
> unit which would be compatible with Linux. The easier installation the
> better :-P
>   The unit does not have to be anything fancy, just to be able to
> print, scan or copy  business type letters reasonably well.
>   Cold someone possibly make a recommendation, share his/her

Anything HP tends to have great Linux support.

I picked up an ex-demo Laserjet 3030 printer/scanner/photocopier/fax
machine.  I haven't tried accessing the fax side of things from Linux (I
have no need for that) but the printer & scanner work great with
hplip/hpijs (Debian Sarge) which work via cups (printing) and sane
(scanning)

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_3030

I've previously used a HP Deskjet printer/scanner/photocopier (not sure
which model) which also worked well.

My suggestion is to look through the HP range to find one that suits your
needs and budget, and then confirm compatibility at linuxprinting.org

Kind Regards,

 - Matt Kemner
  Penguin Care		Tel: Perth 08 9322 3444	Brisbane 07 3337 9988
  Mob: 04 1175 6910	Fax: Perth 08 9221 3444	Brisbane 07 3337 9977