[plug] Printer-Scanner-Copier

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Thu Jun 15 21:30:01 WST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 19:59 +0800, Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, quoth Milan Pospisil:
>
> >               I am looking for a three in one printer, scanner, copier
> > unit which would be compatible with Linux. The easier installation the
> > better :-P
> >   The unit does not have to be anything fancy, just to be able to
> > print, scan or copy  business type letters reasonably well.
> >   Cold someone possibly make a recommendation, share his/her
>
> Anything HP tends to have great Linux support.

fwiw, I can only echo that advice about sticking with HP.  E.g., I'm yet
to put it to the test, but my son has a HP PSC 1410 multi-function and
when we googled on it the reports were that printing was good, but
scanning iffy.  The reports didn't talk about using SANE for the
scanner, but that should solve the problem.  The other thing showing in
its favour was that I found both FC4 and SuSE 10.1 had a driver for his
device, so everything should be okay :-/   As Matt said, check
linuxprinting.org for whatever device you're considering, but be
prepared for a bit of configuration :-).  BTW, you might expect that
some of the device options avail in windoze won't be avail in linux :-(

Gavin