[plug] Too stupid to build VPN bridge ...

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 16 10:59:27 WST 2006

I've obviously grown too stupid to do this unaided:

Two networks; 192.168.3.0/24 and 192.168.2.0/24 need to be connected
so that clients in both can see each other without having to set
routes in every client. So I worked out that I needed a bridge.

I've set up a bridge using OpenVPN, and the two ends of the bridge
can talk to each other, but clients on the respective networks still
can't unless there's a route set in the client. The end points of
the bridge are the default gateway for the network (at one end) or
have the route set explicitly at the default gateway to point to the
local end of the bridge (at the other).

It's basically set as per the HOWTO; bar the addresses.

IP forwarding is set. I've checked. Many times.

Other than early retirement, what else can I do?
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
 X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.