[plug] installing linux cont.

Michael Holland myk at myk.id.au
Fri Jun 16 11:17:16 WST 2006

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006, meyerri wrote:

> I don't - I tried installing Dapper on my lappy last night, and it
> was shambolic - eventually the installer crashed, after I tried to

I was disturbed to see that the Dapper release came with a brand-new
installer that hadn't been in the beta. It now boots as a full live-CD,
from which you run the install program. very nice, but seems to be a risky
late addition. It doesn let you find out to some extent how well it works
before installing.
  It failed for me, but that turn out to be caused by a
flakey cd-drive, which had coped with the simpler beta-install.