[plug] Too stupid to build VPN bridge ...

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 20 12:08:00 WST 2006

Bernd Felsche <bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au> writes:
>"W.Kenworthy" <billk at iinet.net.au> writes:
>>On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 10:59 +0800, Bernd Felsche wrote:

>>> Two networks; 192.168.3.0/24 and 192.168.2.0/24 need to be connected
>>> so that clients in both can see each other without having to set
>>> routes in every client. So I worked out that I needed a bridge.

After all that, I found that the firewalling was (still) preventing
forwarding between interfaces despite the iptables rules added when
the tunnel opens up. <sigh>

Allowed forwarding and it works.
\ /  ASCII ribbon campaign | "Laws do not persuade just because
 X   against HTML mail     |  they threaten."
/ \  and postings          | Lucius Annaeus Seneca, c. 4BC - 65AD.