[plug] Samba desktop.ini

Daniel Pearson (Flashware Solutions) daniel at flashware.net
Sat Jun 17 23:29:13 WST 2006

Hi Guys,

I've successfully setup a PDC/Samba 3 server and can logon with
machines. One thing I find though, is for each new user that logs on it
creates a desktop.ini file in various folders, one of those being the
startup folder. Now, I can delete it and that's all good and well, but
as soon as a new user logs in, that will change.

I've tried to add under the [profiles] section:

hide files = /desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.*/

But even after doing that, and restarting the server it still does it.

Googling for an answer hasn't brought much luck! Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers; Dan